Monday, September 11, 2017

Quick Chili

This family favourite came about during a moment of panic.  I was told that my daughter had signed me up to bring chili to the high school football game. And I needed to bring it in within one hour!  I threw together some ingredients and it became a hit!  Afterward, I was asked to bring this every home game. 



Quick Chili

Ingredients:

2 lbs       Ground Beef
1             Onion, finely chopped
3             Cloves Garlic, Minced
1 Cup     Diced Tomatoes
8 oz        Tomato Sauce
1 Cup     Water
1 can      Kidney Beans
1 can      Pinto Beans
2 Tbs     Chili Powder
2 Tbs     Sugar
1 Tbs     Hot Sauce
1 Tbs     Ground Cumin
1 Tbs     Salt
1 tsp      Pepper

Directions:
  • Lightly brown ground beef, drain if necessary
  • Add onion and garlic, cook until onion is translucent
  • Add remaining ingredients
  • Simmer for 30 minutes

Tips:
Sprinkle with Shredded Cheddar.
Serve on top of a corn muffin. (I'll post that recipe tomorrow.)




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments . If you found a way to make these recipes even better, please share your ideas with us.